The Ark offers two types of classes that have been approved by many state agencies, including DFCS and the court system.
1.Parenting and support classes
Our parenting and support classes are taught by licensed professionals with family therapy experience. They are scheduled in six-week increments for 1½ hours for each session (total of 9 hours). These classes may meet the requirements for DFCS guidelines and the court system. (Participants are encouraged to get approval from the DFCS office they are assigned to prior to enrolling in the classes.)
Each participant is given a certificate of completion with the number of sessions attended. Upon request, the staff also provides a statement of a parents’ involvement level to the agency mandating these classes.Stress and anger management classes.
2. Stress and anger management classes also meet the requirements for most court-ordered classes. It is comprised of 12 hours of instruction from the state recommended curriculum and is taught by a Certified Anger Management Specialist (CAMS).
Group support services
The Ark offers a wide variety of specialized support groups to local communities on a periodic basis. Such support groups are led by various therapists who are trained and experienced in each area of need. Periodic groups may include:
- Coping with divorce
- Coping with grief and loss
- Survivors of suicide
- Survivors of domestic violence
- Survivors (victims) of sexual abuse
- Support for families with addictions
- Foster children support groups
- Grand-parenting children support groups